Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things He does for me.(Psalm 103:2)
‘Tis the season for gratitude.
What’s one of the first thing that comes to mind when you think of your “ABC’s”?
For me it takes me back to the beginning of my childhood. Often the alphabet is one of the first things a child learns. Before they can recognize words, write or form sentences, it is essential for them to grasp the basics of the alphabet. It is the foundation of everything that follows. As I reflect on that thought this Thanksgiving season, I recognize this same principle is true in our journey through life.
The lesson of cultivating a grateful heart is essential as we move from season to season. If we aren’t learning how to be grateful for where we are now, it’s likely we will have a hard time being grateful in other stages of life. Gratitude you see isn’t situational. It’s a heart issue.
So as I reflect on this Thanksgiving I’m examining my own heart. Reminding myself that it’s more than a time of eating and connecting with my family and friends-which are all wonderful things! Rather thanksgiving is a lifestyle. A perspective shift. It’s a concerted effort to take my eyes off of what I don’t have and choose to thank God for what I do. I know that this is not always easy. But when things don’t seem clear and it hurts to go from one moment to the next, I find comfort meditating on all the things I have to be grateful for-tangible and intangible. It’s in that place that I discover a true sense of peace that makes everything else around me seem to shrink.
Below is a list of promises (A-Z) I found in God’s word that I hope will help jumpstart your attitude of gratitude. May our hearts burst with joy as we see just how much we have to be thankful for! Feel free to share with me what you’re thankful for this season. ❤
- He is ACQUAINTED with all our ways (You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways Ps. 139:3.)
- He fights our BATTLES (Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is the one fighting for you. Deut. 3:22.)
- We are CREATED in His image (God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created them. Gen 1:27)
- His DEITY ( For in Him the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form.Col 2:9)
- He has done EXCELLENT things- (Praise the Lord in song, for He has done excellent things; Let this be known throughout the earth. Is. 12:5)
- His FAITHFULNESS (For the Lord is upright, and all His work is done in faithfulness. Ps 33:4 )
- His GOODNESS ( You are good and you do good. Ps. 119:68a)
- He makes us HOLY ( You shall be holy, For I am Holy. 1 Peter 1:16.)
- He INCLINES our hearts to His ( … that He may incline our hearts to Himself, to walk in all His ways and to keep His commandments and His statues and His ordinances.1 Kings 8:58)
- He is JUST (The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just. Deut 32:4a )
- He is our KING (And on His robe and His thigh He has a name written, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Rev 19:16)
- His LOVINGKINDNESS endures forever (The Lord’s lovingkindness indeed never cease. Lam 3:22 )
- He is MIGHTY and MERCIFUL ( Behold, God is mighty but does not despise any; He is mighty in strength of understanding. Job 36:5) (For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more. Heb 8:12)
- He will NEVER leave us or forsake us (Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Deut 31:6 )
- He is OMNIPOTENT and OMNIPRESENT (That they may know that You alone, whose name is the Lord, are the most High over all the earth. Ps. 83:18 )
- All POWER is in His hand (The Father Loves the Son and has given all things into His hand. John 3:35)
- He QUIETS our soul (He will quiet you by His love. Zep 3:17(ESV))
- He RESTORES our soul (He restores my soul. Ps 23:3)
- He SATISFIES us with good things (Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle. Ps. 103:5)
- He is TRUSTWORTHY (The works of His hands are faithful and just; all His precepts are trustworthy. Ps. 111:7 )
- He gives us UNDERSTANDING (For the Lord gives wisdom, From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. Pro 2:6 )
- He give us VICTORY (But thanks be to God, who gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 15:57)
- He holds all WISDOM in His hands (With Him are wisdom and might; To Him belong counsel and understanding. Job 12:13 )
- Like an X-RAY, He sees our inner most parts. (The spirit of man is the lamp of Lord, searching all the innermost parts of his being. Pro. 20:27 )
- He is YWH (God said to Moses I am who I am. Ex. 3:14)
- No one can harm us, when we prove ZEALOUS for Him (Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? 1 Pet 3:13)